Gender-Reveal Casual Photoshoot For Baby No.2 - Behind The Scenes

Friday, September 29, 2017

I remember the days when I had my firstborn, it was a scary moment alright - all the late nights, the milk feeds, and the constant thoughts and wondering "Is my baby alright?" or "Am I doing this right?" or "Will I kill him???" 😩 I have to admit it wasn't easy for first-time parents like us who didn't know what the hell we got ourselves into. No matter how books I read, or how much Dr Google provided answers, sometimes you just have to ask people who have gone through it. So I really have to thank my Mummy group who really supported me through all the breastfeeding woes and help alleviate my fears when I was worried sick about the newborn. I think having like-minded friends are really important. People come and go in our lives - but some stay and leave a footprint that can never be erased :) 
Gender-Reveal Casual Photoshoot For Baby No.2 
The other close-knit group of Mummy friends that I've kept close to my heart is my Tula Mummy Group coz we bonded when I got really into babywearing and we spent a lot of nights talking about - yes! Tula! Well, now we talk about everything under the sun and then there's Jujube coz the kids have grown up alittle and we all no longer baby-wear as much as we used to. But with baby No.2 on the way, I might have to blow the dust off my Tula stash and start the journey once again! 😁
Behind the Scenes 
This casual Gender-reveal photo shoot started when one of them, my good friend L (who happens to be a really avid photographer and she takes all these wonderful photos of babies for friends as a hobby) mentioned that perhaps she could do a maternity shoot for me since baby No.2 is otw and we could also just hang out together and have a small get-together. Since I already done my maternity bump shoot (Here) - I thought that perhaps I could do a gender-reveal shoot this time instead? Like, something same same but different I guess! 
I sourced online for a nice gender reveal balloon coz I thought that it might add some fun to the photos and I came across Looney Bloon who does all these personalized balloons that you can use for your parties and even weddings etc. We decided on the theme quickly as there was no time to waste (I know I know nua me. I planned it like 4 days to the shoot lol) Looney Bloon kindly designed and rushed the job for me so that we could pick it up in time for the photo shoot. If you would like to know how much I paid for the box, balloon and lights, feel free to DM me :)
My friend lives in this really lovely apartment with lush greenery and although the initial plan was to head to some lalang field for an outdoor shoot, I have to admit to her that I really didnt feel confident enough to do it at 38 Weeks pregnant. Energy-wise, I can do short shoots with breaks in between coz I need to take a seat if possible as the tummy was really getting super heavy! And not to mention the frequent toilet breaks! I can drink a glass of water and head to the toilet .. twice. Dunno where to find toilet in the middle of lalang field... might need my friends to cover for me while I pee. 😅
Thankfully we changed places for the shoot coz it started to rain in the morning! Hence some indoor shoots while we ate cake and drank coffee. *Heng ah never go lalang field*
Awwww one photoshoot.. so many friends come and help 😂
Somemore all my "artistic directors" who help place the balloon la, adjust light box, and hold all the stuff in place! And ask me dun carry, take a seat under the shade etc etc ~ WAH I VERY GUM DONG REALLY WAN TO HUG THEM CRY 💖
Very serious work lol
LOL 
Dedication. Heng never fall in the water I sure laugh die lol sorry L ahahahhahahaha
👼
So once again ... my Made-in-China Taobao maternity pink dress which failed to make an appearance in my original Maternity shoot (Coz I wore the white one instead) .. but totally apt and perfect to wear it now! Wahahhaha! Love it! $15! 😄
AHAHHAHA I thought boomerang 
Change of outfit! 💃
Pool shots 
Soooo thankful the weather cleared and we managed to get some nice shots before the afternoon sun was too harsh. And also, we had time for lunch before I totally crashed coz I was soooo tired liao! 💢
THANK YOU MY LADIES!!! THE SHOOT COULDNT HAPPEN WITHOUT ALL OF YOU!!!!!
The Photos
Thank you my dear friend L - here are her photos ~ what do you think? Im so in love with them! 💋
Hello, Elric 😇
Its a boy!
Special thanks to JumpEatCry (Here) for this really lovely Maternity x Nursing Floral Bodycon dress which was super comfy and lightweight! It felt very airy due to the stretchable material and I could walk around with ease without feeling too warm! There's another dress which I also love wearing - The Dual Function Jean Empire Maternity Nursing Dress (Click here to see!) also doubles up as a maternity dress during pregnancy and you can use it for nursing after you've given birth! Totally worth the mileage and you dont have to look like a frump 😝
"Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life - you can barely remember what life was like without them."
Thanks everyone who made a difference in my life .. regardless if I know you personally or if you're just a silent reader here .. Thank you 💕
Starting the countdown! Now Im currently at 39 Weeks++! Lets go! 💪
Also, special thanks and shout-out to Mummyfique for featuring my Instagram @Sugar73! And putting me alongside with the other lovely mummies-to-be! They are so much more popular, so its a great honour just to have my picture next to them coz Im really such a nobody! Plenty of love to Mummyfique and do take a look at the article here 😘 : 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive